I’ve said it and I can say it a million more times: nutrition is the key to success when you want to lose weight. Your body needs vitamins. Not only will you lose weight by consuming these foods, but you will feel better and energized. They also help prevent many diseases and are included in most lists of healthy living and weight loss. I’ve introduced them into my diet and I try to use daily as many of them as possible.
1. Green tea. I started with it because I drink it every day without exception. I drink about 500 ml – 1 liter, with 2 slices of lemon and a teaspoon of honey. It contains bioactive substances such as caffeine and antioxidants that boost metabolism. Numerous studies have shown that it helps metabolize fat from fat cells, it increases fat burning, especially during exercise, it reduces appetite, etc. The fact is that, along with a healthy diet, it has many beneficial effects.
2. Grapefruit. One study showed that without any changes of the diet, if you eat half a grapefruit a day you lose about one pound per week. I have not tried it yet, but grapefruit contains a compound that reduces insulin, favoring weight loss. If you do not like the taste, you can make a salad with half of grapefruit, apple slices and a teaspoon of honey.
3. Blueberries. 1 yogurt with 1 teaspoon of blueberries in the morning or blueberry pancakes… sounds nice right? They are best known for their anti-aging effect, but it’s a very long list of qualities. They contain antioxidants that stimulate metabolism (one study showed that daily intake of blueberries doubles weight loss – I’ll test it too), vitamins (C, E, B2, B3), minerals (iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium), salicylic acid (the natural version of aspirin) and a lot of other qualities. One could write a whole blog about blueberries. 🙂
4. Dairy. Important sources of calcium and calcium appears to be linked to weight loss in many articles. It is believed that people who have a calcium deficiency lose weight not as fast as people who consume dairy on a regular basis. There have been numerous experiments, but they were inconclusive. If you are not lactose intolerant, it never hurts to drink milk or eat cheese, because, besides the fact that it is good for weight loss, it helps maintain the health of teeth and bones. When you want to lose weight, it is best to choose low-fat versions.
5. Eggs. Although they have acquired a bad reputation because of their cholesterol levels, eggs have a small number of calories (about 78 calories per one boiled egg), low levels of fat and a lot of protein, which help you feel full for longer periods of time. They are a very good choice for low-calorie diets.
6. Avocado. Contains antioxidants that help fight extra pounds, contains many vitamins, potassium and good fats. It’s worth consuming it once a week, but focus on the calories. 100 grams of avocado have 160 calories, my advice is to weigh how much avocado you put in one meal.
7. Peanuts, almonds, walnuts, etc. They are full of fats that are good for the heart, proteins, vitamins and minerals. They also contain fiber, prolonging the sensation of fullness after ingestion. Moderate consumption is recommended, for example snack on 3-4 almonds with a yogurt or a fruit.
8. Cinnamon. Boosts metabolism, it is recommended using it whenever possible. I read on Pinterest a recipe that should work great for burning fat: 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 2 teaspoons honey, 1 cup of hot water. Drink it once a day, while still warm. I did not I like the taste of it. Instead, you can sprinkle it on apple slices, in milk, yogurt, tea etc.
9. Meat. It is recommended to eat lean meat, such as: chicken, turkey or fish. Proteins are an essential part of the diet and make you feel full for longer. Fish contains omega-3 (especially salmon, anchovies, sardines, herring), helpful in treating of numerous diseases such as asthma, high cholesterol, hypertension, diabetes, digestive problems.
10. Hot peppers. Contain capsaicin, which seem to reduce appetite and speed up metabolism slightly, but only for a short period of time.
I recommend eating at least one fruit per day and at least one serving (250g) of vegetables, raw or cooked.
Fruits: strawberries, oranges, grapes, apples, peaches, pineapple, banana, kiwi, watermelon, etc. Full of vitamins, low calories, recommended for a healthy lifestyle.
Vegetables: peppers, carrots, cucumbers, lettuce, onions, zucchini, etc. Important sources of vitamins and fiber, with very few calories and sugar, you can eat unlimited amounts daily. 1 kg of carrots has fewer calories than a slice of cake. They make you feel full, without having any remorse after you eat.