Yummy! It is perfect for breakfast or for any time of the day when you have sweet cravings. I made it today and I ate it in a heartbeat. So happy I discovered it, and I will cook it again many times.
It takes 10 minutes to prepare it, the steps are easy and it has few calories.
INGREDIENTS (1 portion)
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 150 ml 0% fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2-3 drops vanilla extract
- (optional: sweetener, but for the healthier version you can top it with honey when it is done, as I did)
- fruits – any fruits you like, I used sour cherries, but you can use any type of berries, apples, banana etc.)
HOW TO PREPARE IT
1. Mix all the ingredients into a bowl. (except bread)
2. Soak the slices of bread into the mixture.
3. Place them into a pan and cook them until evenly light brown on both sides, turning them once. I used a non-sticking pan and I didn’t use oil at all, but if you want you can spray the pan with a little oil.
4. Place them onto a plate, and top them with whatever fruits you like.