The skinnier version of the traditional pizza, without flour and carbohydrates. Each topping can be customized according to your preference, but I recommend using previously cooked chicken breast instead of salami, sausage, ham, etc., because it is healthier and it contains fewer calories.
INGREDIENTS (3 servings)
3-4 zucchini (about 700 grams)
100 g mozzarella/parmesan, previously grated
Tomato sauce (4 tablespoons)
200 g chicken breast, diced, grilled/pan until light brown
1/2 red bell pepper, cut strips
1 small onion, chopped julien
half of canned mushroom slices
50 g olives
70 g grated mozzarella / parmesan
HOW TO PREPARE IT:
1. Grate the zucchini, sprinkle with salt and leave to drain for 2-3 hours. This step is very important, otherwise you may end up with a crust full of water. After the 2-3 hours have passed, squeeze them very well into your fists to drain most of the remaining water from them.
2. Mix in a bowl the zucchini, 2 eggs and grated mozzarella / parmesan.
3. Put the mixture into a tray lined with baking paper and spread it with a spoon so that it resembles a pizza crust (about 1 cm thick).
4. Place the tray into the oven preheated to 180°C (360°F) and leave for about 30 minutes, or until it is golden brown below.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and carefully turn the crust over, on another baking paper so that the browned part is up. (This step is optional for those who have an oven which heats the top part as well)
6. Place the pan into the oven and leave for 10 minutes.
7. Remove the pan, spread the sauce on the crust, add the topping (this is where you can be creative and adjust the ingredients according to your preference).
8. Place it into the oven and leave it about 15 minutes or until the topping is cooked.
This is how the golden brown crust should look like: